Clinical Care Home Manager
Salary: Up to £45k basic
Location: Wokingham, Surrey
To support the General Manager with the day to day running of the care home with overall responsibility of the home and meeting its statement of purpose in the absence of a Manager. To work with the General Manager to regularly monitor all areas of the Home to ensure at all times the highest achievable standards of care are delivered to the client whilst working within the defined company policies and procedures.
Ensure all nursing and care practices are evidence based and reflect current trends. Provide a role model for all other trained nurses working within the Home. Create an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere. Demonstrate strong positive ideas about professional practice and development and promote the rights of the service users (particularly privacy, dignity, independence, choice and self fulfilment) whilst adhering to National Minimum Standards, and all relevant legislative requirements.
Liaise closely with and build a sound professional working relationship with all other professionals e.g. Doctors, Social workers, Registration and Inspection Officers etc. who visit the Home.
- To motivate all staff within the Home
- To take part in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of all care delivered to the clients.
- Assist as requested in all care home audits.
- To assist the General Manager with the selection of staff for employment within the Home.
- To continuously seek out ways of developing the service provided to the clients.
- To maintain excellent lines of communication with all outside agencies, including service purchasers.
- Manage resources effectively and efficiently.
- To manage staff by ensuring completion and adherence to staffing rotas.
- To monitor all clinical standards on an ongoing basis, and ensure corrective action is immediately taken to resolve any care deficits identified
- To maintain clinical involvement.
- To work with the General Manager to ensure all training is up to date and ongoing for all staff members.
- To supervise the induction, support, and ongoing training of all new staff.
- To promote high standards of record keeping.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality with regards to clients and their records, and other sensitive information regarding business.
- To counsel, advise and support all staff.
- To ensure all Health and Safety standards within the unit are monitored and any shortfalls identified and reported to the General Manager.
- To be responsible for client safety within the unit ensuring risk assessments are completed as required and evaluated regularly.
- To adopt and promote high standards of multidisciplinary care input.
- To ensure Hotel services staff clean and maintain the home to a high standard, in line with Company policy cleaning schedules.
- To attend multidisciplinary reviews as required.
- To monitor dietary intake for all clients and to liaise with the kitchen to ensure clients? needs are met.
- To assist in any reviews of job descriptions and staff appraisals as requested by the General Manager or Regional manager.
- To promote and maintain advocacy for service users who may require this service.
- To provide professional advice to other trained nurses, whilst on call for the unit.
- To support the General Manager in all areas of management within the Home as required, including being "on call" for the home at weekends/week days on a rota basis.
Carrying out any other necessary duties as agreed with Directors.
Contact including your CV and quoting reference CCHOME MGR or telephone us on 0845 603 1807.